HSBC Bank International have dropped us a few tips for avoiding shopping nightmares this festive season:
- Give a gift that is unique – getting something that can only be bought abroad can make those back home feel extra special.
- Use online shopping websites – great bargains can be found and sites will deliver to most addresses.
- Christmas hampers are another great gift to help get loved ones back home into the festive spirit.
- Buy top-ups or credit for online communication tools, or discount phone cards. Not only are these great presents but they also allows you to stay in touch throughout the year.
- Call in favours from friends back home by asking them to buy gifts for you.
- Purchase gift vouchers for local department stores – family and friends can then choose what they want at the stores they know and trust.
- Flowers, which can be arranged and delivered through international or local florists.
- Remember to send postal items via special delivery or by courier so they don’t get lost.
- Don’t forget to wrap up well! Breakages can occur easily, especially on long flights.
To help celebrate the Christmas season, HSBC Bank International is giving expats a chance to win £1000 of gift vouchers for Amazon.com. No purchase is necessary and the lucky winner will be randomly chosen on 30 January 2009. Click here to enter